The objective of this programme is to provide knowledge, competence, and skills in the professional area of tourism at the Bachelor’s Degree level. This course has great importance and value in today’s time, tourism increases economic growth and development. The programme is available both in English and Hindi. Minimum Duration: 3 Years Maximum Duration: 6 Years
Objectives Of The Synopsis And Project Report At IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies) PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Level
Within this framework, Synopsis and Project Report Work of IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies) PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6, the following specific objectives to enable a learner to:
- Identify and formulate research problems
- Write a good research proposal
- Identify and use appropriate research design
- Conduct scientific investigation in a systematic way
- Collect and analyze the data
- Learn to use appropriate statistical methods
Preparation/Formulation of IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies) PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Synopsis or Project Proposal
The learners have to choose a particular area in which they are interested in. Then in consultation with the Guide, they have to select a particular topic for their project work.
The project proposal is an outline of the detailed work to be undertaken by the learner.
The following format can be followed for preparing the project proposal
- The Title of the Proposed Project
- Background of the Study
- Literature Review
- The rationale of the Study
- Objectives of the Study
- The hypothesis of the Study If any
- Research Methodology: Sample, Tests/Tools, Statistics to be used
Download IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies) PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Synopsis or Project Proposal Sample
Topics For DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies) PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Synopsis and Project Report
PTS 4/5/6 (SYNOPSIS: 5-10 PAGES, REPORT: 30-50 PAGES)
TOPICS (SAMPLES)….( AND IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOME CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION? Our Team of Experts are happy to help You.)
- Study of Culture, Arts and Crafts in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Tourism Development & Tourism products with Special Reference to Rajasthan
- Potentials and Attractions of Pilgrimage Tourism in Delhi
- To Study of Ancient Monuments and Cultural Heritage Sites in Delhi
- Increase in Tourism of Kerala
- To Study of Carpet weaving industry of Kashmir
- A Study to Explore the Culture and Tourist Destinations in Kashmir Valley
- Historical Background of the Culture and Tradition of the Kashmiri Pandits
- To Explore the Culture and Heritage of Jammu Dogras
- To Explore the Art and Culture in Ladakh
- Rites, Rituals and Social Custom among Kashmiri Hindus of India
- The Traditional Music of Kashmir
- Instruments used with the Traditional Music of Kashmir
- Folk arts of Kashmir with Special Reference to Bhand Pather
- A Study of the Some hill Stations in the State Jammu & Kashmir
- A Study about Monuments of Kashmir
- A Study about Religious Sites of Jammu & Kashmir for Pilgrimage Tourism
- Environmental Perception of Hoteliers And other small Scale Business Units in City New Delhi
- To Study the Status and General Awareness among Peoples’ about the Green Conservation
- People’s View on Ecotourism in Bihar
- A Study to Analyze the Influence of Tourism on the Environmental Conditions in the City New Delhi
- National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries of the Jammu Region
- A Study of Explore the Flora and Fauna of the Leh Region
- To Study of Tourism Industry of Jammu with Special Reference to Ecotourism
- A Study on Conservation and Degradation of Natural Resources
- A Study of Global Warming and Climate Change in India
- A Study on Various Dimensions of Environmental Degradation, Its Impact and Awareness among People
- Ecological imbalance and Environmental Degradation: An Analytical Study
- An Analytical Study on Environmental Global Warming
- Environmental Awareness, Attitude, and Practices among Women
- A Theoretical Study of Medical Tourism
- Health Tourism in India: An Exploratory Study
- To Study of Marketing Strategies for the Development of Tourism
- Tourist Satisfaction With Itdc’s Tour Packages: A Case Study of India Tourism Development Corporation (Itdc) New Delhi
- Marketing of Adventure and Nature Tourism
- A Study of Destination Branding in the Tourism Industry
- Effect of the Internet on The Marketing of Hotels and Tour Operators in City New Delhi
- To Study the Tourism Possibilities in the Poonch Sector
- Government Policies Adopted For the Promotion of Tourism in Jammu And Kashmir
- Marketing of Tourism Destinations with Special References to Golden Triangle
- Marketing Strategies of Tour Packages: Concepts and Philosophies
- Role of Travel Agency in Promotion of Indian Tourism: A Case Study of Thomas Cook (India) Limited
Preparation/Formulation of IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies) PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Project Report/Dissertation/Thesis
The size of the project report depends on the nature of the theme of the project you have selected. However, it is desirable that the project report should be around 100 pages typed in double space. The report should be in A4 size sheet.
The Report should be in the following format.
|1||TITLE||The first page of the report should indicate the title of the project, name of the candidate, address, enrolment number and year.
3. Table of Contents
|2||INTRODUCTION||This section will introduce the problem. It should be able to give an idea to the reader what the topic is all about, how did the topic emerge, and what made the researcher take up the topic. The introduction must contain the rationale and purpose of the research.|
|3||REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE||Review of literature is a collective body of works done by earlier researchers and published in the form of books, journals, articles. It helps in generating ideas and developing significant questions for the research work.|
|4||SIGNIFICANCE||The rationale for carrying out a particular project is explained here.|
|5||OBJECTIVE /HYPOTHESIS||This will basically consist of the main objectives or purpose of the research. For example, to study the effect of family environment on the self-concept of the students. A hypothesis is also provided which is a tentative statement about the cause and effect relationship between the independent and dependent variables.|
|6||METHODOLOGY||The methodology includes Sample, Tests/Tools, and Statistical Analysis. The size and nature of the sample will depend on the topic selected. Tests/ tools are to be selected based on the objectives of the research. The data collected with the help of the tests/ tools are then analyzed by using appropriate statistical techniques.|
|7||RESULT AND DISCUSSION||The findings of the research after the statistical analysis of data are reported in tabular and graphical form. This is then discussed in the light of the existing research studies. The implication of the findings is also discussed.|
|8||CONCLUSION||Under this heading, the learner has to conclude the findings of the research.|
|9||DELIMITATION||Constraints and limitations of the research are mentioned here.|
|10||SUGGESTIONS||Based on the research findings, the learner can give suggestions for further research in a particular area.|
|11||REFERENCES (APA STYLE)||References have to be written in APA format. These should be alphabetically listed.|
Who Can Be the Guide/Supervisor for IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies) PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Synopsis and Project Report
The learner will require a Guide/Supervisor for carrying out the Project.
The eligibility criteria to be a Guide/Supervisor is as follows:
a) From Study Centre/ Regional Centre/ otherwise direct can from Maidan Garhi also.
b) M.Phil/PhD. in Tourism Studies with a minimum of two years Undergraduate/Post Graduate teaching experience
c) Master’s Degree in Tourism Studies with a minimum of two years experience at Post Graduate level.
d) Master’s Degree in Tourism Studies with a minimum of five years of teaching experience at the Undergraduate level.
For more related information read FAQs.
FAQs- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q1. What are the last dates for IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies)PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Synopsis and Project Report Submissions?
Ans: (JULY BATCH)
IGNOU PROPOSAL/SYNOPSIS: 30th November
IGNOU PROJECT REPORT/DISSERTATION: 31st May
IGNOU PROPOSAL/SYNOPSIS: 31st September
IGNOU PROJECT REPORT/DISSERTATION: 30th November
Q2. What are the criteria for submission of IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies)PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Synopsis?
Ans: The learner has to prepare the project proposal/synopsis and submit it at their Study Centre itself. The Program In-charge of the Study Centre will examine the proposals and give approval to it. Wherever modification is required, these will be conveyed to the learner and accordingly, the learner will resubmit it to the study center with necessary modifications.
The project proposal should be submitted in A4 size paper typed in double space along with a consent letter of the Guide (Appendix II) and the pro forma for approval (Appendix III). The learner is advised to retain a copy of the synopsis. Proposals not accompanying the above papers will not be considered for approval. Please submit a proposal before the last date of submission.
Q3. What are some important points to remember during submission of the IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies) PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Synopsis?
- Submit only one copy of the Project Proposal, and keep a copy with you.
- PTS 4/5/6 should be written prominently on the envelope and should be submitted at the Study Centre.
- Ensure the inclusion of the following while submitting the proposal:
- Pro forma for Approval of Project Proposal duly filled and signed by both, the learner and the guide/supervisor.
- Detailed Bio-data of the Supervisor/Guide duly signed by him/her (in the case where the Academic Counselor is not the Guide).
- Consent letter of the Supervisor/Guide.
- Synopsis of the Project.
Q4. How to Select Topic Wisely For IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies)PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Synopsis and Project Report?
Ans: The topic you choose should be interesting and have deep knowledge about that. The project should be eye-catching to the examiner. Make your project covered with all the important headlines and topic in a limited page do not exceed more than 1200 words.
Q5. Any idea of methodology before conducting research investigation?
- Type of data to be collected for methodology
- Tools of data collection (questionnaires, interviews)
- Sources to be used(bibliography)
- Whether to take attachment with some organizations
- Tabulation and Analysis of data
- The time frame of the study
- Cost estimates.
Q6. What will be the style of report writing?
Ans: The project should be creative and logical. Use simple words whenever possible and the language should be straight forward and Good. Avoid using abbreviation like (&, b/w, etc). The tense in the report matters a lot it should be present tense.
Q7. Minimum Marks to Get Pass?
Ans:The total marks of this project synopsis (IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies)PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6) is 100. To get pass, we should obtain minimum 40% out of 100.