The M.A.(Psychology) degree deals with human and animal behavior. Psychology as an area of knowledge use in various fields like health, industries, sports, military, forensic engineering, etc. It attracts many students because it not only deals with human and animal behavior but also increases self-awareness and logic among them. It focuses on social behavior too. Psychology can be termed as both arts and science because its study is processed by scientific methods to study human behavior.
The minimum duration is 2 years and the maximum duration is 5 years.
Objectives of the Synopsis and Project Report at IGNOU MAPC (MA in Psychology) (MPCE 016/MPCE 026/ MPCE 036) Level
Within this framework, Synopsis and Project Report Work of MAPC (MA in Psychology) MPCE 016/026/036, has the following specific objectives to enable a learner to:
- Identify and formulate research problems
- Write a good research proposal
- Identify and use appropriate research design
- Conduct scientific investigation in a systematic way
- Collect and analyze the data
- Learn to use appropriate statistical methods
Preparation/Formulation of IGNOU MAPC (MA in Psychology) MPCE 016/026/036 Synopsis or Project Proposal
The learners have to choose a particular area in which they are interested in. Then in consultation with the Guide, they have to select a particular topic for their project work.
The project proposal is an outline of the detailed work to be undertaken by the learner.
The following format can be followed for preparing the project proposal
- The Title of the Proposed Project
- Background of the Study
- Literature Review
- The rationale of the Study
- Objectives of the Study
- The hypothesis of the Study If any
- Research Methodology: Sample, Tests/Tools, Statistics to be used
Download IGNOU MAPC (MA in Psychology) MPCE 016/026/036 Synopsis or Project Proposal Sample
Topics for IGNOU MAPC (MA in Psychology) MPCE 016/026/036 Synopsis and Project Report
MPCE 016/026/036 (SYNOPSIS: 15-20 PAGES, REPORT: 100-120 PAGES)
TOPICS (SAMPLES)….( AND IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOME CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION? Our Team of Experts are happy to help You.)
- Academic Achievement And Personality Characteristics Of Children Of Working And Non Working Mothers
- Occupational Stress Among Male And Female Employees
- An Analytical Study Of The Creative Potential And Personality Structure Of Academically Gifted Students
- To Study The Organisational Role Stress, Ego Strength And The Level Of Burnout Among The Secondary School Teachers
- Different Dimensions Of Girls Empowerment Among Government And Private Higher Secondary School: A Comparative Study
- Emotional Intelligence, Learning Styles And Academic Achievement Of Adolescent Students Of 10th Grade
- Attitudes And Leadership Qualities Of Delhi University Students
- To Study The Impact Of School Environment And Home Environment On The Academic Achievement Of Scheduled Caste Students
- Effect Of Arithmetical Ability And Study Habit On The Achievement In Mathematics At Secondary School Students
- Learning Styles Of Adolescent Students: A Comparative Study Between Government And Private Schools
- A Study Of Relationship Among Mental Health, Emotional Intelligence And Academic Achievement Of Secondary School Students
- Relevance Of Personality Of Students In Their Adjustments To School Life
- A Study On The Influence Of Examination Anxiety On Academic Performance Of Secondary School Students
- To Study Of Psycho-Social Problems Of Adolescent Girls Related To Their Family Life, Educational Life And Emotional Behaviour
- To Compare The Occupational/Job Stress Level Between Working Women And Working Men In Delhi & National Capital Region
- Examination Stress In Relation To Intelligence, Personality And Achievement Motivation Among High School Children
- Job Satisfaction & Occupational Stress Among Employees
- Effect Of Violent Video Games Among Secondary School Students
- Usage And Impact Of Mobile Phones Upon The Students Of Professional Courses
- To Study The Effect Of Counselling On The Academic Achievement, Need-Achievement And Study Habits Of Underachievers
- Psychological Distress Of Menopausal Married And Unmarried Women In Relation To
- Physiological Symptoms, Life Events, And Social Support
- A Study To Analyze Self-Esteem In Children Of Single Parent And That Of Two Parents
- A Study On The Effectiveness Of Relapse Prevention Therapy In Substance Abusers
Preparation/Formulation of IGNOU MAPC (MA in Psychology) MPCE 016/026/036 Project Report/Dissertation/Thesis
The size of the project report depends on the nature of the theme of the project you have selected. However, it is desirable that the project report should be around 100 pages typed in double space. The report should be in A4 size sheet.
The Report should be in the following format.
|1||TITLE||The first page of the report should indicate the title of the project, name of the candidate, address, enrolment number and year.
3. Table of Contents
|2||INTRODUCTION||This section will introduce the problem. It should be able to give an idea to the reader what the topic is all about, how did the topic emerge, and what made the researcher take up the topic. The introduction must contain the rationale and purpose of the research.|
|3||REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE||Review of literature is a collective body of works done by earlier researchers and published in the form of books, journals, articles. It helps in generating ideas and developing significant questions for the research work.|
|4||SIGNIFICANCE||The rationale for carrying out a particular project is explained here.|
|5||OBJECTIVE /HYPOTHESIS||This will basically consist of the main objectives or purpose of the research. For example, to study the effect of family environment on the self-concept of the students. A hypothesis is also provided which is a tentative statement about the cause and effect relationship between the independent and dependent variables.|
|6||METHODOLOGY||The methodology includes Sample, Tests/Tools, and Statistical Analysis. The size and nature of the sample will depend on the topic selected. Tests/ tools are to be selected based on the objectives of the research. The data collected with the help of the tests/ tools are then analyzed by using appropriate statistical techniques.|
|7||RESULT AND DISCUSSION||The findings of the research after the statistical analysis of data are reported in tabular and graphical form. This is then discussed in the light of the existing research studies. The implication of the findings is also discussed.|
|8||CONCLUSION||Under this heading, the learner has to conclude the findings of the research.|
|9||DELIMITATION||Constraints and limitations of the research are mentioned here.|
|10||SUGGESTIONS||Based on the research findings, the learner can give suggestions for further research in a particular area.|
|11||REFERENCES (APA STYLE)||References have to be written in APA format. These should be alphabetically listed.|
Who Can Be the Guide/Supervisor for IGNOU MAPC (MA in Psychology) MPCE 016/026/036 Synopsis and Project Report
The learner will require a Guide/Supervisor for carrying out the Project.
The eligibility criteria to be a Guide/Supervisor is as follows:
a) From Study Centre/ Regional Centre/ otherwise direct can from Maidan Garhi also.
b) M.Phil/PhD. in Tourism management with a minimum of two years Undergraduate/Post Graduate teaching experience
c) Master’s Degree in Tourism management with a minimum of two years experience at Post Graduate level.
d) Master’s Degree in Tourism management with a minimum of five years of teaching experience at the Undergraduate level.
The student while submitting the synopsis should also submit the bio-data of the supervisor, duly signed by the supervisor (Refer to Appendix-I).
The learner will submit the synopsis along with the bio-data of the supervisor (wherever it is required), at the Study Centre/Regional Centre.
The Study Centre/Regional Centre will then send these synopses to the Discipline of Tourism Management, IGNOU, New Delhi for necessary approval.
There will be remuneration to the Supervisor/Guide for guiding each project. He/she can claim Project Guidance remuneration using a Pro forma (Appendix-II), after final submission of the project/dissertation of the learners at the Regional Centre.
For more related information read FAQs.
FAQs- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q1. What are the last dates for IGNOU MAPC Level 16/26/36 (MA in Psychology) Synopsis and Project Report Submissions?
IGNOU PROPOSAL/SYNOPSIS: 30th September
IGNOU PROJECT REPORT/DISSERTATION: 31st March
IGNOU PROPOSAL/SYNOPSIS: 31st March
IGNOU PROJECT REPORT/DISSERTATION: 30th September
Q2. What are the criteria for submission of IGNOU MAPC Level 16/26/36 (MA in Psychology) Synopsis?
Ans: The learner has to prepare the project proposal/synopsis and submit it at their Study Centre itself. The Program In-charge of the Study Centre will examine the proposals and give approval to it. Wherever modification is required, these will be conveyed to the learner and accordingly, the learner will resubmit it to the study center with necessary modifications.
The project proposal should be submitted in A4 size paper typed in double space along with a consent letter of the Guide (Appendix II) and the pro forma for approval (Appendix III). The learner is advised to retain a copy of the synopsis. Proposals not accompanying the above papers will not be considered for approval. Please submit a proposal before the last date of submission.