Certificate of Competency in Power Distribution (for Electrical Technicians) (CCPD), programme has been developed by the School of Engineering & Technology, IGNOU in collaboration with the Ministry of Power under IGNOU- MoP Project towards implementing the competency based skill development training for the electrical technicians/ equivalent level work force of the country.
The main objectives of this programme are to :
- To offer need based and tailor made academic programme for the specific need of technicians/equivalent level workforce engaged in electricity sector,
- To train, assess and certify the skills and competencies of electrical technicians,
- To provide better industrial education linkage by matching learner’s educational needs while collaborating with professional bodies,
- To help technicians to improve their ability and to make them eligible for acquiring further knowledge/training/ educational qualification,
- Provide more accessible and quality skill development training that meets the real work needs of power industry
- To develop entrepreneurial skills in the learners,
Employment related educational programme aiming at increased job potential and economic activities
Who can be benefited by this programme (Target group):
- Electrical Technicians or Manpower working in Power distribution sector /Electricity Sector;
- Candidates aspiring to take up a job in the electricity sector / working in relevant field min. 8th passed
- Electrical Technicians having or pursuing trade certificate in Electrician /Lineman /Wireman /Electric Fitter or related trade;
- Electrical Technician having license for Foreman/ Lineman/Wireman or license in relevant area of expertise;
- Candidates having electrician apprenticeship;
- Candidates with ITI / Dip./Deg. (passed/pursuing) interested in relevant field.
Eligibility : Electrical Technicians /Equivalent tradesman or manpower working in electricity/power sector
General candidates or private electrical technicians 8th passed minimum
Medium of Instruction: English/Hindi
Fee Structure: Rs. 3600/- for full programme
Duration: Minimum 6 months and maximum 2 years; offered in both January & July session.
- Bulk Registration: Contact Programme Study Centre (PSC), Students are sponsored in bulk by power organisations/ PSCs; Filled in Application forms in bulk alongwith programme fees are received by Regional Centre(RC) concerned.
- Individual Registration: Contact nearest IGNOU Regional Centre (Regn. Programme Study Centre (PSC). Candidates can obtain admission application forms from IGNOU, Regional Centre, and also can download the Prospectus and application form from the university website at www.ignou.ac.in Candidates can submit the same only at the Regional Centre concerned.
Applicants of CCPD should also fill in the Form-D for CCPD programme attached to the Application. Form with self attested necessary proofs of qualification and experience, if any.
|Title of the Course
|Electricity and Safety Measures
|Power Distribution System – Basics
|Practical in Power Distribution
Now you are provided with all the information regarding Certificate of Competency in Power Distribution (Electrical Technicians) (CCPD) . We hope the aforementioned article helps you. If you want any assistance related to this course like Solved Assignments, Projects, Help Books, Previous Paper Solutions, Guess Paper, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.