LLB from IGNOU
Can I do LLB from IGNOU?
IGNOU does not offer the LLB course.
In fact, no college can offer LLB from correspondence or distance education.
Secondly, the degree which is offered by the IGNOU is not recognized by the Bar Council of India.
If we are serious about the law as the profession then a degree from IGNOU would have serious consequences.
The Bar Council of India will not recognize the degree which means that we will not be allowed to practice in any court across the country.
Not a single bar association around the country will allow us to register.
Therefore it makes absolutely no sense to pursue LLB from IGNOU.
If we are doing a job due to which we cannot pursue LLB through regular mode then we can take up the evening classes but do not go for the correspondence course.
What is the eligibility for LLB?
- It is important to hold a graduation degree.
- We need to secure 45 per cent marks in graduation.
- The SC/ST candidates need 40 per cent marks.
- The upper age limit to appear is 30 years after which admission will not be given.
- However, SC/ST can take admission to 35 years.
- OBCs are not granted any relaxation in percentage or age limit.
Is Ignou degree valid for LLB?
Since IGNOU is a recognized university we can certainly take admission to pursue LLB provided us give CET.
Any degree obtained from IGNOU is recognized by UGC/Govt.