It is a professional programme designed to learn about the tourism industry. It is useful for all those who are either employed or interested in, to make a career in tourism. This focus on the practice field, it acquires knowledge from global, national and local- region It leads to a wide array of career option for graduates. This career can open wide and many doors to positions not just in a student’s home country, but also around the world.
Objectives of the Synopsis and Project Report at IGNOU MTM (MA in Tourism Management) MTM-16 Level
Within this framework, Synopsis and Project Report Work of MTM (MA in Tourism Management) MTM-16, the following specific objectives to enable a learner to:
- Identify and formulate research problems
- Write a good research proposal
- Identify and use appropriate research design
- Conduct scientific investigation in a systematic way
- Collect and analyze the data
- Learn to use appropriate statistical methods
Preparation/Formulation of IGNOU MTM (MA in Tourism Management) MTM-16 Synopsis or Project Proposal
The learners have to choose a particular area in which they are interested in. Then in consultation with the Guide, they have to select a particular topic for their project work.
The project proposal is an outline of the detailed work to be undertaken by the learner.
The following format can be followed for preparing the project proposal
- The Title of the Proposed Project
- Background of the Study
- Literature Review
- The rationale of the Study
- Objectives of the Study
- The hypothesis of the Study If any
- Research Methodology: Sample, Tests/Tools, Statistics to be used
Download IGNOU MTM (MA in Tourism Management) MTM-16 Synopsis or Project Proposal Sample
Topics for IGNOU MTM (MA in Tourism Management) MTM-16 Synopsis and Project Report
MTM 16 (SYNOPSIS: 8-12 PAGES, REPORT: 70-100 PAGES)
TOPICS (SAMPLES)….( AND IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOME CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION? Our Team of Experts are happy to help You.)
- Tourist Satisfaction with Pilgrimage Place
- A Study about Medical Tourism
- A Critical Analysis of Pilgrimage Tourism
- Marketing of Tourism Destinations
- A Study of Tourist’s Satisfaction towards Tourism Products and Market
- An Analytical Study of ITDC: Role, Contribution and Tourist Satisfaction of its Tour Packages
- Expectations and Perceptions of Tourists visiting Delhi
- A Study of Culture, Arts And Crafts in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Role of Travel Agency in Promotion of Indian Tourism: A Case Study of Thomas Cook (India) Limited
- A Study of the Pilgrimage Tourism Management Issues and Challenges with Reference to Delhi
- To Study the Effect of Internet on the Marketing of Hotels and Tour Operators in city New Delhi
- Pilgrimage Tourism Management in Delhi: Challenges and Issues
- The Role and Importance of the Internet in the Marketing of Travel Agencies Business
- Religious Sites as a Potential Tourism Product for Inbound Tourism
- A Study of the Perceptions of Domestic and International Tourists visiting Jammu & Kashmir Using SERVQUAL Model
- A Study of Tourism Industry of Jammu with Special Reference to Ecotourism
- A Study of the Effectiveness of the Tourism Market in the State Jammu & Kashmir
Preparation/Formulation of IGNOU MTM (MA in Tourism Management) MTM-16 Project Report/Dissertation/Thesis
The size of the project report depends on the nature of the theme of the project you have selected. However, it is desirable that the project report should be around 100 pages typed in double space. The report should be in A4 size sheet.
The Report should be in the following format.
|1.||TITLE||The first page of the report should indicate the title of the project, name of the candidate, address, enrollment number and year. |
3. Table of Contents
|2.||INTRODUCTION||This section will introduce the problem. It should be able to give an idea to the reader what the topic is all about, how did the topic emerge, and what made the researcher take up the topic. The introduction must contain the rationale and purpose of the research.|
|3.||REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE||Review of literature is a collective body of works done by earlier researchers and published in the form of books, journals, articles. It helps in generating ideas and developing significant questions for the research work.|
|4.||SIGNIFICANCE||The rationale for carrying out a particular project is explained here.|
|5.||OBJECTIVE /HYPOTHESIS||This will basically consist of the main objectives or purpose of the research. For example, to study the effect of family environment on the self-concept of the students. A hypothesis is also provided which is a tentative statement about the cause and effect relationship between the independent and dependent variables.|
|6.||METHODOLOGY||The methodology includes Sample, Tests/Tools, and Statistical Analysis. The size and nature of the sample will depend on the topic selected. Tests/tools are to be selected based on the objectives of the research. The data collected with the help of the tests/ tools are then analyzed by using appropriate statistical techniques.|
|7.||RESULT AND DISCUSSION||The findings of the research after the statistical analysis of data are reported in tabular and graphical form. This is then discussed in the light of the existing research studies. The implication of the findings is also discussed.|
|8.||CONCLUSION||Under this heading, the learner has to conclude the findings of the research.|
|9.||DELIMITATION||Constraints and limitations of the research are mentioned here.|
|10.||SUGGESTIONS||Based on the research findings, the learner can give suggestions for further research in a particular area.|
|11.||REFERENCES (APA STYLE)||References have to be written in APA format. These should be alphabetically listed.|
Who Can Be the Guide/Supervisor for IGNOU MTM (MA in Tourism Management) MTM-16 Synopsis and Project Report
The learner will require a Guide/Supervisor for carrying out the Project.
The eligibility criteria to be a Guide/Supervisor is as follows:
a) From Study Centre/ Regional Centre/ otherwise direct can from Maidan Garhi also.
b) M.Phil/PhD. in Tourism management with a minimum of two years Undergraduate/Post Graduate teaching experience
c) Master’s Degree in Tourism management with a minimum of two years experience at Post Graduate level.
d) Master’s Degree in Tourism management with a minimum of five years of teaching experience at the Undergraduate level.
The student while submitting the synopsis should also submit the bio-data of the supervisor, duly signed by the supervisor (Refer to Appendix-I).
The learner will submit the synopsis along with the bio-data of the supervisor (wherever it is required), at the Study Centre/Regional Centre.
The Study Centre/Regional Centre will then send these synopses to the Discipline of Tourism Management, IGNOU, New Delhi for necessary approval.
There will be remuneration to the Supervisor/Guide for guiding each project. He/she can claim Project Guidance remuneration using a Pro forma (Appendix-II), after final submission of the project/dissertation of the learners at the Regional Centre.
For more related information read FAQs.
FAQs- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q1. What are the last dates for IGNOU MTM (MA in Tourism Management) MTM-16 Synopsis and Project Report Submissions?
Ans: (JULY BATCH)
IGNOU PROPOSAL/SYNOPSIS: 30th November
IGNOU PROJECT REPORT/DISSERTATION: 31st May
IGNOU PROPOSAL/SYNOPSIS: 31st September
IGNOU PROJECT REPORT/DISSERTATION: 30th November
Q2. What are the criteria for submission of IGNOU MTM (MA in Tourism Management) MTM-16 Synopsis?
Ans: The learner has to prepare the project proposal/synopsis and submit it at their Study Centre itself. The Program In-charge of the Study Centre will examine the proposals and give approval to it. Wherever modification is required, these will be conveyed to the learner and accordingly, the learner will resubmit it to the study center with necessary modifications.
The project proposal should be submitted in A4 size paper typed in double space along with a consent letter of the Guide (Appendix II) and the pro forma for approval (Appendix III). The learner is advised to retain a copy of the synopsis. Proposals not accompanying the above papers will not be considered for approval. Please submit a proposal before the last date of submission.
Q3. What are some important points to remember during submission of the IGNOU MTM (MA in Tourism Management) MTM-16 Synopsis?
- Submit only one copy of the Project Proposal, and keep a copy with you.
- MTM 16 should be written prominently on the envelope and should be submitted at the Study Centre.
- Ensure the inclusion of the following while submitting the proposal:
- Pro forma for Approval of Project Proposal duly filled and signed by both, the learner and the guide/supervisor.
- Detailed Bio-data of the Supervisor/Guide duly signed by him/her (in the case where the Academic Counselor is not the Guide).
- Consent letter of the Supervisor/Guide.
- Synopsis of the Project.
Q4. How to Select Topic Wisely For IGNOU MTM (MA in Tourism Management) MTM-16?
Ans: The topic you choose should be interesting and have deep knowledge about that. The project should be eye-catching to the examiner. Make your project covered with all the important headlines and topic in a limited page do not exceed more than 1200 words.
Q5. Any idea of methodology before conducting research investigation?
- Type of data to be collected for methodology
- Tools of data collection (questionnaires, interviews)
- Sources to be used(bibliography)
- Whether to take attachment with some organizations
- Tabulation and Analysis of data
- The time frame of the study
- Cost estimates.
Q6. What will be the style of report writing?
Ans: The project should be creative and logical. Use simple words whenever possible and the language should be straight forward and Good. Avoid using abbreviation like (&, b/w, etc). The tense in the report matters a lot it should be present tense.
Q7. Minimum Marks to Get Pass?
Ans:The total marks of this project synopsis (IGNOU MTM (MA in Tourism Management) MTM-16) is 100. To get pass, we should obtain minimum 40% out of 100.