This programme is the result of collaborative efforts of IGNOU, UNESCO and JNU aimed at capacity building and professional development of adult education with an emphasis on participatory adult learning, documentation, information dissemination and networking at local, national and international levels.
- To promote professional competency and capacity building of the adult education functionaries as well as all those who are not in service, but interested in the area of adult education;
- To develop their knowledge and understanding of the various aspects of theory and practice of adult education;
- To promote their understanding of adult education policies and programmes;
- To enable them to document, manage and disseminate knowledge and information on various aspects and processes related to adult education;
- To promote their knowledge, understanding and skills vis-a-vis diverse approaches to organizing and managing an adult learning set-up;
- To equip them with the skills of involving the community in participatory planning, development and transaction of curriculum and in participatory training, evaluation and research in adult education;
- To enhance their understanding and skills of networking for their personal, social, and professional development; and
- To develop in them the ability to critically analyse, appreciate and promote the role of adult education in the emerging social, economic, political, cultural and educational situations at the national and international levels.
Programme Study Centres (PSCs)
All programme study centres of IGNOU where MA (Education) Programme of IGNOU is on offer are provisionally the PSCs for this programme also.
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree from any recognised University/Institute
Medium of Instruction: English
Duration: Minimum 1 year and Maximum 4 years; offered only in July cycle of admission.
Fee Structure: Rs.7,200/- for full programme
The Programme consists of 34 credits (one credit is equal to 30 study hours). The programme has 5 courses – 4 theory courses and one practical course. The course codes, titles, nature and credits are given below.
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MAE 1|| Understanding Adult|
|MAE 2|| Policy Planning and|
Adult Education in
|MAE 3|| Knowledge|
Networking in Adult
|MES 16||Educational Research||6|
|MAEL 1|| Practical Work|
Now you are provided with all the information regarding Post Graduate Diploma in Adult Education (PGDAE) . We hope the aforementioned article helps you. If you want any assistance related to this course like Solved Assignments, Projects, Help Books, Previous Paper Solutions, Guess Paper, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.