The major objectives of the programme are :
- Provide comprehensive knowledge to the learners on disaster preparedness, mitigation and rehabilitation.
- Enable the learners to carry out risk assessment and vulnerability analysis.
- Generate community awareness, and strengthen institutional mechanism for community mobilisation and participation in disaster management.
- Develop communication skills for disaster preparedness.
- Create greater awareness about effective disaster response in various emergency situations.
- Equip learners with tools for meeting emergency medical requirements.
- Incorporate gender sensitive disaster management approach; and
- Inculcate new skills and sharpen existing skills of government officials, voluntary activists, development professionals and elected representatives for effective disaster management.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management shall cater to the needs of the following target groups:
- Government functionaries
- NGO functionaries and Volunteers
- Military, Para-military, Police, Home Guards, and Civil Defence personnel
- Geologists, Scientists, Meteorologists, Engineers, Administrators, and other Government and Public Sector Undertakings officials
- Rural Development Functionaries, Primary Health Centres Functionaries, Relief Workers, Social Workers, Environmentalists, etc.
Eligibility: Graduate in any discipline
Medium of Instruction: English & Hindi
Duration: Minimum 1 year and Maximum 4 years; offered in both January & July cycle of admissions.
Fee Structure: Rs. 6,000/- for full programme
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MPA 1|| Understanding |
|MPA 2|| Understanding|
|MPA 3|| Risk Assessment and|
|MPA 4||Disaster Preparedness||4|
|MPA 5||Disaster Response||4|
|MPA 6||Disaster Medicine||4|
|MPA 7|| Rehabilitation, |
|MPAP 1||Project Work||4|
|MED 4*|| Towards Participatory|
* Course is available in English only
Now you are provided with all the information regarding Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management (PGDDM) programme . We hope the aforementioned article helps you. If you want any assistance related to this course like Solved Assignments, Projects, Help Books, Previous Paper Solutions, Guess Paper, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.