The programme provides opportunities for in depth or intensive practical to enhance technological skills of the learners to independently develop or manage a computerized library and information centre. The Post Graduate Diploma in Library Automation and Networking (PGDLAN) focuses at developing the professional competencies of the library and information professionals in an automated and networked environment.
The objective of the programme aims to impart to the learners knowledge and skills:
- associated with fundamentals of computer technology;
- of library automation and services provided by an automated library;
- of the components of an information system;
- of networking and Internet technology in general and library and information networks in particular;
- of Internet with special reference to the information resources available in different forms and subjects;
- to develop web-enabled content;
- to about the legal issues associated with information;
- to design and develop a programme by enhancing skills on programming based on specific languages such as Java or Visual Basic or C++; and
- to undertake a practical based project in order to specialize in one of the thrust areas on library automation and networking.
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science
Medium of Instruction: English
Duration: Minimum 1 year and Maximum 4 years; offered in both January & July cycle of admissions.
Fee Structure: Rs. 18,000/- for full programme
The programme is essentially a judicious mix of theory and practical components to develop technology based knowledge, skills and aptitude of library and information professionals.
|Title of the Course
| Introduction to
| Networking and
Now you are provided with all the information regarding Post Graduate Diploma in Library Automation and Networking (PGDLAN) programme . We hope the aforementioned article helps you. If you want any assistance related to this course like Solved Assignments, Projects, Help Books, Previous Paper Solutions, Guess Paper, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.