A Home Health Assistant (HHA) can be defined as a trained and certified health-care worker who provides assistance to a patient in the home with personal care (as hygiene and exercise) and one who monitors the patient’s condition. The Home Health Assistance (HHA) is a short duration skill based training program, with an objective to develop a pool of trained workforce who can be employed to provide patient support and assist other health care providers in home settings.
With the increase in non-communicable diseases, critically ill patients and accidental cases there is greater evidence of requirement of home based assistance. Many home health assistants also work in assisted living facilities, which provide independent living in a homelike group environment, with professional care available as needed.
The programme aims at making a student competent to perform the following skills:
- Demonstrate Skills of general hygiene and grooming, bathing procedures and guidelines, mouth, eye, ear, skin, hair, nail and foot care.
- Demonstrate Skills of feeding the patient, taking care of elimination needs and procedures.
- Demonstrate skills to enable geriatric/paralytic/immobile patient to cope with changes to their health and environment including preventing risk of falls.
- Demonstrate Basic Life Support, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation and other actions in the event of medical and facility emergencies.
- Practice infection control measures, promote safety, list usage of protective devices and right methods of bio medical waste management at home level.
Eligibility: 10+2 Pass .
Medium of instructions: English
Duration: Mimimum 6 months and Maximum of 2 years; admission in both January & July cycle.
Fee Structure: Rs.6,000/-for full Programme
No. of Seats: 20-30 in each Study Centre.
| Course |
| Nature of |
|BHT-16|| Basic Home |
|BHT-17|| Applied |
|BHTL-18|| Skills for |
Now you are provided with all the information regarding Certificate in Home Health Assistance (CHHA) . We hope the aforementioned article helps you. If you want any assistance related to this course like Solved Assignments, Projects, Help Books, Previous Paper Solutions, Guess Paper, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.