This programme is intended to teach vocational and entrepreneurial skills to widen employment opportunities, as well as self-employment particularly among rural youth, women and the disadvantaged sections of the society. This programme has been developed with the support of Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Govt. of India.
This Diploma programme aims to develop competent human resource in the field of post-harvest management of fish and production of value-added fish products. It seeks to address the workforce requirements of the food processing industries and focuses on upgrading the knowledge and skills of existing workers in the field of fish harvesting and processing. The programme caters to the educational needs of rural youth, workers/ technicians working in fish and fish processing industry including fishermen, small and medium entrepreneurs, fish processors in an unorganized sector, and personnel working in processing plants, NGO functionaries/ trainers and farmers.
- Develop and strengthen human resource by infusing and imparting knowledge and skill in Value Added Fish Products;
- Train personnel for self-employment and creating awareness and competency in the fish processing as well as fish products preparation; and
- Impart basic knowledge and technical proficiency in Post-Harvest Management, primary processing of fish, value addition, quality control and marketing.
- 10+2/ Senior secondary pass outs
- BPP (under IGNOU/ODL mode)
- 10th pass may enroll simultaneously for the BPP and Diploma Programme
Medium of Instruction: English
Duration: Minimum 1 year and Maximum 4 years; offered only in July cycle of admissions
Fee Structure: Rs. 10,800/- only for category (i), (ii) & Rs.12,000/- for Category (iii)
|Course Code||Title of the Course|
|BPVI 41|| Introduction to Fish, Processing, |
Packaging and Value Addition
|BPVI 42||Mince and Mince Based Products|
|BPVI 43||Coated Products|
|BPVI 44|| Fish By-products and Waste |
|BPVI 45||Quality Assurance|
|BPV 46|| Marketing and Entrepreneurship|
|BPVL 47||Training and Field Visits|
Now you are provided with all the information regarding Diploma in Fish Products Technology (DFPT) . We hope the aforementioned article helps you. If you want any assistance related to this course like Solved Assignments, Projects, Help Books, Previous Paper Solutions, Guess Paper, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.