The Diploma programme directs at providing technical assistance for the food processing industry specially involved in Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds as well as creating self-employment opportunities for the rural youth. This programme has been developed with the support of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Govt. of India.
It endeavours to address the workforce requirements of the food processing industries and focuses on upgrading the knowledge and skills of existing workers. The target group includes youth, farmers, skilled workers in food processing industries, food processors in unorganized sector, personnel working in food processing cooperatives, and food processing institutions/ industries, small and medium entrepreneurs, NGO functionaries/ trainers and progressive farmers.
Job Opportunities :
Job opportunities for the pass outs of this programme include:
Self entrepreneurship, laboratory assistant, packaging supervisor, store house keeper, production line supervisor, distribution assistant, food processor, plant operator in cereals, pulses and oilseeds industries, procurer and retailer of food grain industry, quality control supervisor and plant manager in the food industry (rice mill, flour mill, pulses mills and snacks manufacturing units etc).
- To develop a technician level human resource for Food Industry based on Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds.
- To upgrade the technical proficiency of existing work force working in this sector.
- To develop youth (Urban & Rural) as young entrepreneurs for self-employment in the Food Industry based on Cereals, Pulses & Oilseeds and allied activities.
- To impart knowledge and technical proficiency in:
- Processing of Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds into Value Added Products;
- Post harvest operations involved in Cereals, Pulses & Oilseeds;
- Prevention of losses in raw and processed produce;
- Manufacture and production of various products based on above crops;
- Marketing and distribution of finished products at maximum economic returns; and
- Managing small and medium enterprises.
- 10+2/ Senior secondary pass outs
- BPP (under IGNOU/ODL mode)
- 10th pass may enroll simultaneously for the BPP and Diploma Programme
Medium of Instruction: English & Hindi
Duration: Minimum 1 year and Maximum 4 years; offered only in July cycle of admissions
Fee Structure: Rs. 13,200/- only for Category (i), (ii) & Rs.14,400/- for Category (iii)
|Course Code||Title of the Course|
|BPVI 31||Food Fundamentals|
|BPVI 32||Food Microbiology|
|BPVI 33||Milling of Wheat, Maize and Coarse Grains|
|BPVI 34||Baking and Flour Confectionery|
|BPVI 35||Paddy Processing|
|BPVI 36||Processing of Pulses & Oilseeds|
|BPVI 37||Food Quality, Testing and Evaluation|
|BPVI 38||Entrepreneurship and Marketing|
Now you are provided with all the information regarding Diploma in Production of Value Added Products from Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds (DPVCPO) . We hope the aforementioned article helps you. If you want any assistance related to this course like Solved Assignments, Projects, Help Books, Previous Paper Solutions, Guess Paper, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.