The Diploma programme has been developed with the support of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Govt. of India. The programme aims to develop competent human resource in the field of post harvest management of fruits and vegetables and production of value added products from them. It intends to inculcate vocational and entrepreneurial skills to widen employment opportunities, as well as self employment particularly among rural youth and the disadvantaged sections of the society. It seeks to address the workforce requirements of the food processing industries and focuses on upgrading the knowledge and skills of existing workers.
The programme caters to educational requirements of the horticulture farmers, food processors, skilled workers and technicians in the fruits processing industries, NGO functionaries/trainers, entrepreneurs, staff of Food Processing Training Centre (FPTC)/ horticulture/ post harvest/ food processing departments of the States/ Central, rural educators, farmers, etc.
Job opportunities for the pass outs of this programme include: Procurement assistant, fruits/vegetables grader, post harvest technician, junior plant operator/production technician/ supervisor in fruit and vegetable processing industry, quality control assistant, packaging supervisor, fruit and vegetable cold storage supervisor, transport supervisor, retail supervisor, marketing assistant, store assistant, extension assistant, trainer, and self entrepreneur as procurer, trader, transporter, food processor, wholesaler, retailer and exporter of fresh and processed fruits and vegetables produce.
- To provide the knowledge & skills for minimizing the post-harvest losses and production of value added food products,
- To develop human resource for post harvest management and for primary processing of fruits and vegetables produce at the production areas/ clusters,
- To develop youth as young entrepreneurs for self employment through food processing and associated activities,
- To impart knowledge and technical proficiency in
- Procurement of raw materials,
- Preparation of value added products,
- Prevention of losses in fresh and processed horticulture produce,
- Marketing and economical aspects, and
- Managing small and medium enterprises.
- 10+2/ Senior secondary pass outs
- BPP (under IGNOU/ODL mode)
- 10th pass may enroll simultaneously for the BPP and Diploma Programme
Medium of Instruction: English & Hindi
Duration: Minimum 1 year and Maximum 4 years; offered only in July cycle of admissions
Fee Structure: Rs. 14,400/- only for Category (i), (ii) & Rs.15,600/- for Category (iii) (50%, fee concession for rural and below poverty line urban students).
|Course Code||Title of the Course|
|BPVI 1||Food Fundamentals|
|BPVI 2|| Principles of Post Harvest |
Management of Fruits and
|BPVI 3||Food Chemistry and Physiology|
|BPVI 4||Food Processing and Engineering-I|
|BPVI 5||Food Microbiology|
|BPVI 6|| Food Processing and |
|BPVI 7|| Food Quality Testing and |
|BPVI 8||Entrepreneurship and Marketing|
Now you are provided with all the information regarding Diploma in Value Added Products from Fruits & Vegetables (DVAPFV) . We hope the aforementioned article helps you. If you want any assistance related to this course like Solved Assignments, Projects, Help Books, Previous Paper Solutions, Guess Paper, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.