Indira Gandhi National Open University is the largest distance University holding the maximum number of students in the whole world. The headquarter of IGNOU is located in New Delhi. IGNOU Distance education is a place where the student will find diverse kind of students relating to different backdrops and age-groups because of its an Open University. There is a Regional Centre in each State & study Centres in almost of the cities. When a student is registered in IGNOU Distance education, the student picks a Regional Centre and a Study Centre according to their choice. The books will be obtained from the selected study centre.
A student can take admission in IGNOU distance Education in any one of the sessions that is July and January. The details of any course, eligibility criteria & fee details can be found on the official website of IGNOU. The student taking admission in July session then he/she should visit the study centre in August & ask for the books in Office. Study Centre will provide the books to the student. The session begins in August last week or September 1st week (for July session). In the case of the January session, the books can be collected in February & classes will begin most apparently in March 1st week. The students necessitate preparing assignments that will be submitted & assessed in the study centre only. Then carry weightage of 25%. The exam routines are published on the website a few months before the exams. 70% attendance in practical classes is compulsory.
IS IGNOU DISTANCE EDUCATION VALID?
IGNOU Distance education is the education of students who may not regularly be physically present at a college or institution. IGNOU Distance Education is a trusted and accredited government university. They are recognised by UGC, AICTE both. The distance degree from IGNOU is equal to a degree taken from an accredited university in India. The student is eligible to apply for government jobs with their IGNOU degree. the government cannot deny a student an opportunity when he/she have passed from a government institution. IGNOU is a central government educational institution. Obtaining a certificate on fulfilment of any course from IGNOU has its value and unquestionably is recognised across the whole world. It is unnecessary to doubt the worthiness of the certificate acquired through this university.
HOW TO APPLY FOR IGNOU DISTANCE EDUCATION
IGNOU Offers “twice the year admission” to its Programmes. Students can get their admission application forms at the Regional Centre, Study Centre and Headquarters. students can also download the Prospectus and application forms from the official website of IGNOU and can submit the same at the respective Regional Centres either through the Post. Application forms can be submitted online and programme fee can be paid online through Credit card net banking and Debit Cards.
Cut off dates for walk-in-admission for July Session
1. Up to 30th April – Late Fee: Nil
2. 1st May to 31st May – Late Fee: Rs. 200.00
Cut off dates for walk-in-admission for January Session
1. Up to 31st October – Late Fee: Nil
2. 1st November to 30th November – Late Fee: Rs. 200.00
COURSES OFFERED IN IGNOU DISTANCE EDUCATION
In IGNOU there are 28 Master’s degree, 6 Bachelor’s, 57 Diploma and 61 certificate program
- IGNOU UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE
- IGNOU POSTGRADUATE DEGREE
- M.PHIL DEGREE
- DOCTORAL DEGREE
- POSTGRADUATE AND ADVANCED CERTIFICATE
- POSTGRADUATE ADVANCED DIPLOMA
- NON CREDIT PROGRAMMES
- POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA
- ONLINE PROGRAMMES
- APPRECIATION PROGRAMMES
ADVANTAGES OF PURSUING FROM IGNOU DISTANCE EDUCATION
- In economical- IGNOU Distance Education Courses are pretty reasonable as oppose to traditional college degrees. Their net tuition fee is very inexpensive along with various other associated charges.
- No Age Limit – In IGNOU Distance Education Courses there is no age limit. Candidates can satisfy the desire to pursue their dream.
- Versatility – By choosing IGNOU Distance Education Courses, Students have the chance to make their time table to study according to their convenience. Students have no time limitation of day or night. Whenever they are free and have time, they can study. The Distance Education Courses is absolutely a great option for those who are running their work and family together.
- Career Advancement– If Student is opting for the IGNOU Distance Education Course while working then students would be able to support their family without any financial concerns. Students resume will display no break and they will be able to accomplish their educational growth.
- Ample Variety of Programs – IGNOU have a wide variety of courses available, students have the freedom to select by their preference.
- Time-saving– IGNOU Distance Education Course, Students do not have to travel daily. This will save their precious time and money. Most maximum of the reputed Distance Learning providers grants classroom teaching on weekends. Therefore, the student can take the classes as well as personnel compensation.
- Connection – If the student is registering in an Online Learning program then they will be able to form a broader range of associations.
- No Geographical Limits – Due to tremendous success in Distance Education Course. IGNOU is distinguished as one of the best universities for offering distance learning courses. There is an enormous amount of students who are residing in remote areas or secluded places. Therefore, it would be extremely difficult for them to extend their education by visiting regular classes. They can seek their education by enrolling themselves in IGNOU Distance Education Programme.
Now you are provided with all the information regarding IGNOU distance education. We hope the aforementioned article helps you. If you have any doubt, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Debtanu SamantaJune 19, 2021
I would like to pursue Diploma in Horticulture from IGNOU, I reside in a remote village in west bengal, my query is that since i am from west bengal and the regional study centre for this particular course is in Delhi will i be able to pursue this course and do i need to go delhi or can it be done through online only?
IGNOU ProjectJune 26, 2021
CHECK YOUR EMAIL EVEN SPAM FOLDER.