ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
In the backdrop of importance placed on creating awareness on climate change science and adaptation strategies by various ministries under the Government of India, the programme was tailor-made to incorporate the developments in the domain of climate change with respect to human influences on climate, the consequences of climate change, climate change conventions and protocols.
The learners will be enriched with knowledge on the impact of climate change on terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems. The learners will be capacitated with the response options to the climate change like mitigation and adaptation strategies.
- To expose the learners to the domain of climate change and conventions on climate change
- To acquaint the learners with impacts of climate change on terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems
- To equip the learners with the mitigation and adaptation strategies against climate change
- To develop an understanding on climate change assessment tools
- To acquaint the learners with interaction between climate change and society.
- School and College level Teachers teaching Environmental Sciences related subjects.
- NGO professional, Environmental Executives, Policy makers, Journalists.
The problem of climate change transcends traditional academic boundaries and demands realistic and holistic solutions. This programme is aimed at both recent graduates wishing to specialize in climate change and sustainability, and professionals wishing to extend their knowledge and expertise or seeking a career change. Career opportunities in this wide and growing field are numerous: in industry, academics, consultancies and environmental agencies.
The programme offered in ODL mode consists of 16 credits with four courses of 4 credits each.
Number of credits: 16 (4 Credits per course)
Compulsory Courses: Three
Optional Course: Any one of the optional courses.
Eligibility : Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university
Medium of Instruction : English
Duration : Minimum 6 Months and Maximum 2 years; offered in both January & July cycle of admissions.
Fess Structure : Rs. 3800/- for full programme
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MEV-021|| Introduction to|
|MEV-022|| Impacts of Climate |
|MEV-023|| Mitigation and |
adaptation to Climate
| Optional Courses|
(Choose any one)
|MEV-024|| Climate Change |
|MEV-025|| Climate Change |
Now you are provided with all the information regarding Post Graduate Certificate in Climate Change (PGCCC) . We hope the aforementioned article helps you. If you want any assistance related to this course like Solved Assignments, Projects, Help Books, Previous Paper Solutions, Guess Paper, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.