The objective of the PG Diploma Programme is to prepare professionals for development, implementation and auditing of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems in the country. The Programme has been developed in collaboration with the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), GOI. It seeks to develop India’s capability to meet the global food safety and quality requirements and enhance the competitiveness of food products. In long term perspective, it would contribute to ensure consumer safety within and outside the country.
This PG Programme shall enable the students to:
- Comprehend the issues of safety and quality in food production, handling, processing and trade.
- Build technical proficiency in undertaking food safety and quality assurance in food processing chain i.e., from farm to fork.
- Ensure the safety and quality of food products as per mandatory legal requirements and voluntary standards including export regulations, if required.
- Design and implement: Good Hygienic Practices (GHP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Quality Management Systems (QMS): ISO 9001, Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS): ISO 22000, Laboratory Management System: ISO 17025 and Retail Standards.
- Be able to effectively plan, conduct, report and audit as per the guidelines of the ISO 19011-2002.
- Undertake Standard Microbiological and Chemical analysis of Food Products.
- Apply Good Hygienic, Manufacturing, Laboratory, Transportation and Retail Practices in Food Processing/ Hospitality industry and Retail outlets.
- Graduation in Science with Chemistry/ Bio-Chemistry or Microbiology as one of the subjects.
- Degree in allied Sciences like Agriculture/ Food Science/ Food Technology/ Post Harvest Technology/ Engineering/ Home Science/ Life Science/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Horticulture/ Dairy Technology/ Veterinary/ Fisheries/ Hotel Management and Catering/ Hospitality Management, or equivalent etc.
- Science graduate in disciplines like Geography, Statistics with Physics & Maths, Art Subjects and Medical Lab technology and with minimum three years experience in food processing and / or quality control. These students should have minimum 1 year experience in quality control activities.
- Arts/Commerce graduate with diploma in food science/ hotel management disciplines viz fruits and vegetables, dairy technology, meat technology, cereals, pulses and oilseeds etc. with minimum 5 years experience in Food Processing/ Food Quality Control/ Hotel Management (food preparation/ food catering) and out of which 2 years experience should be in quality control activities.
- BA/B.Com graduates with minimum 7 years experience in Food Processing/ Food Quality Control/ Hotel Management (food preparation/ food catering) or holding senior position in Govt./ Semi Govt. Units involved in Food Quality Control.
- Master’s Degree awarded without a first degree is not recognized for purposes of admission to IGNOU’s Academic Programmes.
Medium of Instruction: English
Duration: Minimum 1 year and Maximum 4 years; offered only in July cycle of admission.
Fee Structure: Rs.14,400/- for full programme
|Course Code||Title of the Course|
|MVP 1||Food Fundamentals and Chemistry|
|MVPI 1||Food Microbiology (Integrated)|
|MVP 2||Food Laws and Standards|
|MVP 3|| Principles of Food Safety and|
|MVP 4|| Food Safety and Quality|
|MVPL 1|| Food Safety and Quality Auditing|
|MVPL 2|| Chemical Analysis and Quality |
|MVPP 1||Project Work|
Job opportunities for the pass outs are as follows:
- Quality Control Officer or Quality Assurance/ Management professionals in food/hospitality/retail industry and laboratories,
- Food Safety Officer in the regulatory bodies,
- Food Auditor in Certification and Inspection bodies,
- Trainer/Counsellor in Food Safety & Quality Management Systems,
- Food certifying/auditing professional for Food Safety & Quality Management Systems (FSQMS).
Now you are provided with all the information regarding Post Graduate Diploma in Food Safety and Quality Management (PGDFSQM) . We hope the aforementioned article helps you. If you want any assistance related to this course like Solved Assignments, Projects, Help Books, Previous Paper Solutions, Guess Paper, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.