AN OVERVIEW OF DIPLOMA, DEGREE AND CERTIFICATE COURSES.
Distances learning in diplomas, undergraduate, postgraduate diplomas and postgraduate etc are the courses offered by IGNOU. IGNOU also offers non-credit programs. IGNOU has 21 schools through which programs are administered at different levels. It has More than 256 courses offered by IGNOU around worldwide. It has a network of 67 regional centres, 2667 study centres and 29 abroad centres in 15 countries. Courses offered by IGNOU relating to the following levels –
- UG (Undergraduate)
- PG (Postgraduate)
NAME OF COURSES OFFERED BY IGNOU
Below is the list of various courses offered by IGNOU:-
- IGNOU UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE
- IGNOU POSTGRADUATE DEGREE
- M.PHIL DEGREE
- DOCTORAL DEGREE
- POSTGRADUATE AND ADVANCED CERTIFICATE
- POSTGRADUATE ADVANCED DIPLOMA
- NON CREDIT PROGRAMMES
- POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA
- ONLINE PROGRAMMES
- APPRECIATION PROGRAMMES
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA BEFORE APPLYING TO ANY COURSES OFFERED BY IGNOU
Each of the following courses has their own individual eligibility criteria which need to be performed by the candidates for them to acquire admissions.
- Bachelor’s courses- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 from an identified board or BPP from IGNOU. Despite, some courses command to candidate to have completed their graduation.
- Master’s courses- Candidates need a bachelor’s degree or a higher degree from a known university. The minimum conditions for compulsory subjects to have been studied and experience may differ according to courses. Some courses may additionally require a bachelor’s degree along with a PG diploma.
- Postgraduate diploma courses- The minimum eligibility criteria for most of the courses require the student to be graduates.
- Diploma courses- In this Student require to have completed their 10+2 or enrolled in BPP programmes or concurrently seeking 10th grade along with BPP. Some courses may need a student to have passed only 10th grade. Some courses may require candidates need to be graduates.
- Certificate courses- Some courses expect the student to have completed their graduation and some need a student to have finished their 10+2, and some need to be just 10th or 8th pass.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR COURSES OFFERED BY IGNOU
- Go to the official website of IGNOU
- Open the link and click on the “Applicant Login” tab.
- Now, click on ‘Log in’ tab (an old student) else clicks on ‘Register Yourself’ (new user).
- Fill all the blank fields for registration and submit.
- The system will send the user ID and password on the candidate’s registered email ID.
- Now login to your account to fill the application form.
- Fill all the details correctly like your personal, contact and educational details.
- Click on ‘Upload’ button to upload the scanned images of candidate and signature (less than 100 KB), Passport Size Photograph (Less than 100 kb), Age Proof, Signature (Less than 100 kb), Educational Qualification Proof (Less than 400 kb), Education Documents (Less than 400 kb), Experience Certificate (Less than 400 kb), Category Certificate (Less than 400 kb), BPL Certificate (Less than 400 kb)
- Now, choose the payment mode to pay the application fee online.
- Print application form and payment receipt
WHEN SHOULD CANDIDATES APPLY FOR COURSES OFFERED BY IGNOU
IGNOU has started the online application process for admission to courses offered by IGNOU in the January 2019 session. Students will be able to apply for fresh admissions to all Master, Bachelor, Diploma and Certificate programs till December 2019. IGNOU is the largest Open University in India and offers students a chance to pursue courses through distance mode.
IGNOU conducts two sessions in a year first is January session, in this session, Candidate can take admission from September & October from examination (which is held in December for January session).
Second is the July session on this session candidate can take admission from March & April three or two months from examination (which is held in June for July session).
It’s an advantage to have two sessions in a year which can help you to give examination easily. One who has back in his/her status can give exam in both sessions without giving assignments and it’s a time-saving method. The students are at freedom to appear any of the examinations conducted by the IGNOU during the year subject to completing the minimum time frame and other customs prescribed for the program.
If a student wants to take admission in IGNOU so he/she can get easily enrolled himself/herself in their suitable course.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO PURSUE MULTIPLE IGNOU COURSES AT ONCE?
Students are permitted to pursue only a certificate course along with a programme of one year or longer. Though, the IGNOU will not make any alterations if the dates of examination or counselling of both the subjects differ with each other. According to UGC guidelines, there is no such type of space to do two degrees simultaneously that is illegal, IGNOU does allow one certificate program and one-degree program simultaneously but Not two-degree programs. UGC says how it is possible that one person can be at two places at the same time. So two-degree simultaneously not valid. Candidate can pursue a 6-month certificate course with any other diploma/degree course that student is currently pursuing. Candidate cannot pursue 2 degrees or 2 diplomas simultaneously.
Now you are provided with all the information regarding courses offered by IGNOU. We hope the aforementioned article helps you. If you have any doubt, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.