It aims at developing professional competency and capacity framework of pre-service and in-service people in the field of adult education and allied fields. This programme is meant for all those involved in entering and seeking a career in the field of adult education and allied areas as well as for those working with any institution in formal, non-formal or informal sector.
- To develop in them the national and international perspective of various aspects of theory and practice of adult education.
- To upgrade their knowledge and understanding of policies and programmes of adult, continuing and extension education, development and welfare, among others.
- To enhance their understanding and skills of documentation, management and dissemination of knowledge and information on various aspects and processes of adult education.
- To improve their knowledge, understanding, skills and abilities related to organizing and managing an adult learning setup.
- To equip them with the skills of involving the community in participatory planning, development and transaction of curriculum as well as training, evaluation and research processes related to adult education and development.
- To enhance their understanding and skills of networking at local, state, national and international levels for their personal, social, and professional development.
- To enable them to critically analyse, appreciate and promote the role of adult education in the emerging social, political, cultural, economic, developmental and other situations for effecting transformation at the national and international levels.
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University/Institute
Medium of Instruction: English
Duration: Minimum 2 years and Maximum 5 years; offered only in July cycle of admission.
Fee Structure: Rs. 14 ,400/- for full programme to be paid year wise @ Rs. 7,200/- per year. Students admitted for first year shall re-register themselves for the second year by duly filling in the prescribed Re-Registration form of that year and submitting it to the Regional Centre concerned along with requisite fee.
Programme Study Centres
All the Programme Study Centres (PSCs) of IGNOU where both MA (Education) and MEd programmes of IGNOU are simultaneously on offer are provisionally the PSCs for MAAE programme as well.
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MAE 1|| Understanding Adult|
|MAE 2|| Policy Planning and|
Adult Education in
|MAE 3|| Knowledge |
Networking in Adult
|MES 16||Educational Research||6|
|MAEL 1|| Practical Work |
|MAE 4|| Extension Education|
|MAE 5|| Population and |
|MAEE 1*|| Sustainable |
|MESE 61*|| Open and Distance |
|MAEE 2**|| Basics of Legal|
|MESE 62**||Vocational Education||6|
* indicates that the student should select only one out of MAEE 1 and MESE 61 Courses.
** indicates that the student should select only one out of MAEE 2 and MESE 62 Courses.
After successful completion of all courses of first year, the student shall be awarded Post Graduate Diploma in Adult Education (PGDAE).
Now you are provided with all the information regarding Master of Arts (Adult Education) (MAAE) programme . We hope the aforementioned article helps you. If you want any assistance related to this course like Solved Assignments, Projects, Help Books, Previous Paper Solutions, Guess Paper, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.